FORENSIC ANTHROPOLOGY HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Welcome! We appreciate your interest in Revware’s hardware and software solutions, as well as third party solutions that support the MicroScribe® portable coordinate measuring machine (PCMM).
Forensic anthropologists – both those of you who are in academic positions as well as those of you who are in forensic law enforcement will benefit from the information below – information designed to make your job easier while you maintain your professional standards.
Revware’s MicroScribe digitizer is used by hundreds of your contemporaries, such as the DoD in Hawaii, who uses the MicroScribe to identify war remains, the Smithsonian Institute, forensic law enforcement personnel and professors of anthropology/archaeology worldwide.
Now you can benefit from using the MicroScribe digitizer as do our current customers. The MicroScribe arm:
- is light weight, meaning it is portable and can be taken to the site where the skeletal remains are located
- can be operated with one hand, which offers ease of use
- is not subject to onerous environmental requirements, meaning it can be used in situ
- can be fitted with a laser to conduct scans, which means you have two ways to collect data (probe/laser)
- is affordable, which accommodates your budget
You may also be interested in MUS 7 with CADpad Grid™ and CADpad Mouse™, which allows certain predetermined software routines to be executed by simply touching a specific location on the grid with the probe of the MicroScribe digitizer. Also, the software within MicroScribe Utility Software™ (MUS 7) also allows you to use the probe of the MicroScribe digitizer in place of the mouse. This means you never have to go back to the mouse to execute a routine.
Following is a picture of a CADpad that has been customized for use with 3D-ID. Placing the MicroScribe probe in the proper grid on this custom 3D-ID CADpad enables you to:
- navigate landmark data
- delete erroneous landmarks
- process landmarksAlso, we can develop custom CADpad routines for your specific needs.
MUS 7 with CADpad also offers easy access to a Single Point articulated Accuracy Test (SPAT) which enables you to validate the accuracy of your MicroScribe digitizer in the Lab or in the field.
Software packages relevant to your field of work that are compatible with the MicroScribe are:
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 790-0000.